Terms and Conditions for Lancaster Santa Claus Parade
1. Deadline for all entries will be Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 1:00 PM. Please provide all your information by the deadline date. The Committee reserves the right to refuse and/or modify any entry to the Parade.
2. All entries must have decorations in order to participate in the parade. No political statements of any kind. The Santa Claus Parade Committee and the Parade Marshall reserve the right to deny participation of any entry that is deemed unsafe or does not adhere to standards and conditions set forth herein. Commercial tones are to be minimized. Entries should appeal to children first and adults second.
3. Signage identifying entrant or float sponsor should be placed either in front or on both sides of the float. If you would like to have your float judged for prizes, signage must be easily identifiable by the judges.
4. The height of the float should be no more than 12 feet from the road surface.
5. All floats should have LIVE or TAPED Christmas music.
6. Absolutely NO LIVE SANTAS on any float, as this confuses the children.
7. SAFETY ISSUES: Transport Floats are permitted with these conditions:
· Wheels on floats must be covered, whenever possible to prevent costumes from getting caught.
· People are to walk beside the float at all times as a buffer zone between float and children in the audience.
Distribution of Candy and Promotional Items - you are permitted to pass out candy and promotional items to the audience, BUT this must be done in a safe manner that does not encourage members of the audience coming onto the roadway to collect candy or other promotional items please ask staff at site set-up if unsure for better direction on safe methods.
8. All marching or walking entries MUST CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH NO STOPPING to avoid gaps in the parade.
9. Upon arrival please present your registration confirmation to the attendant who will allow entry to the set up area. Only authorized entries will be allowed to enter set up area. Arrival time is 11:00 am and parade will march off at 1:00 pm. Saturday November 25, 2017.
10. The spelling of “Christmas” must be used no abbreviations (ie: X-MAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, etc…) exception is “Happy Holidays” can be used if ”Merry Christmas” is also used.
11. There is NO FEE to enter the parade. Any donation of non-perishable food items will be given to the West Side Food Bank.
Thank You for your participation and lets make this years parade a safe and happy event for all concerned.